Wednesday, March 31, 2010

vanilla cupcakes with raspberry cream filling

I'm just a tad embarrassed that since starting this blog, I have literally not lived up to my name.  "Cupcakes and Catwalks" was meant to showcase two of my passions - baking and fashion. And while I think I've been keeping up with both topics, there are no posts of any sort to do with cupcakes or catwalks!

As they say, it's better late than never. So with that I present to you my inaugural cupcake venture:

What you can't see in this picture is the yummy layer of raspberry cream tucked in underneath layers of cupcake.  Mmm.


Plump, juicy raspberries are just starting to hit the grocery stores again, and work perfectly in Giada's delicious cupcake recipe. The fresh raspberry cream is delectable - so light and refreshing!  I made my vanilla cupcakes from scratch, but any recipe will do.  (Yes, even a Duncan Hines 'recipe' - don't worry, your secret's safe with me!)

5 comments:

  1. Mmm...these look great! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg i love this. I'm definetly adding you. Keep it up. x)
    Haha funny how the girl aove me is named leslee too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made these cupcuakes?! they are amazingggg!!! you could totally sell these. you have quite a talent. :)
    xoxo, rose
    ChaiLoveVintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look soo good!
    i looove raspberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks everyone! I would send each and everyone of you a cupcake if I could! =)

    ReplyDelete